Monday, January 17, 2011

Public Art (part 2): New Genres

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Official messages from Omegle will not be sent with the label 'Stranger:'. Strangers claiming to represent Omegle are lying.
Stranger: hi
You: I have a question.
Stranger: yes
You: Are you happy?
Stranger: yes
You: Can you elaborate?
Stranger: wait
You: (i.e. why are you happy, what makes you happy, etc.)
Stranger: sorry it's too difficult for me
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Official messages from Omegle will not be sent with the label 'Stranger:'. Strangers claiming to represent Omegle are lying.
Stranger: hello!
You: Are you happy?
Stranger: Of course!
You: Care to explain why?
Stranger: Even though life sucks being sad won't solve the problem.
Stranger: So I try to be optimistic at all times.
You: I like your attitude.
Stranger: Thank you!
You: But do you think that being optimistic all the time is the answer?
Stranger: Well obviously sometimes things get so bad that you have to be sad about it.
You: Do you ever feel like you're ignoring what is clearly wrong with the world?
Stranger: But life goes on and it's important to not let one tragic event effect the rest of your life.
You: True.
Stranger: No, not really.
Stranger: I acknowledge the problems, I just try to make lemonade out of the problems.
Stranger: Obviously I can't fix the crisis in Darfur or rebuild Haiti, I'm only a teenager.
You: So we should be aware of the problems, just not let them take over our lives?
Stranger: Yeah. If you just flat out ignore the problem it gets worse.
Stranger: I like to conquer the problem with a positive attitude.
You: Sounds good to me.
Stranger: Yup
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

I got bored of talking to people about happiness at this point.
Thanks omegle.
You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment